Here is what you will get:
- Current CRM and ERP cloud solutions will be unified into one cloud service with new purpose-built apps to help manage specific business functions, including: Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Field Service, Operations, Marketing and Project Service Automation. Dynamics 365 takes a new approach to business applications.
- Dynamics 365 will be deeply integrated with Office 365 to better connect the enterprise apps with standard office productivity apps (Office 365). This brings together the best of both worlds around business process and personal productivity. Historically users have been the point of integration between business processes and the tools they use in Microsoft Office like email, excel spreadsheets and word processing. This meant a lot of time flipping between apps and a lot of cutting and pasting, or double entry. This is even more common with ERP systems like Sage, SAP, etc. which have no native integration with the personal productivity tools. Dynamics 365 connects the structured workflow of business apps and the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity which empowers employees and gives them a much more productive experience.
- Example 1: A sales rep uses Dynamics 365 apps to respond directly to a customer email in Office, using a quote based on information provided by the finance and sales apps, all without ever leaving the Outlook interface
- Example 2: A sales rep works on an opportunity in Dynamics 365 Sales module with embedded access to CRM and Productivity tools to more effectively progress the opportunity. The rep can collaborate with team members by sharing real-time updates in Yammer and across Groups, compiling team notes and input on the opportunity in OneNote, and seamlessly generating a quote in Word – all without leaving the context of the opportunity.
- Cloud first – Dynamics 365 is designed from the ground up as a true multi-tenant public cloud service on Microsoft Azure, meaning SMBs can get up and running quickly, manage costs and rest assured knowing their data is more protected in hyper-scale, enterprise-class data centers. Dynamics 365 is a cloud service so it will not be available on-premise or in private clouds. Microsoft Azure is the focal point of innovation for Dynamics 365 and Microsoft will continue to adopt Azure capabilities as they are available. Office 365 and existing Apps outside of Azure will be utilized as well, to deliver on the vision as the product grows.