What is Cloud ERP, and How Can My Company Benefit From It?
ERP, or Enterprise Resource Planning as individual licensed software is not a new concept for businesses. Cloud ERP system is a software that collects and stores data across multiple areas (labor, production, materials, logistics etc.) to help a business assess areas that need attention. Cloud ERP software is a vanguard in the ceaseless fight to keep costs down while maximizing profit and invoices.
Cloud ERP Revolutionizes ERP Data Usage
Cloud based ERP offers the user all the benefits of ERP software in the cloud. No longer does a company have to buy individual (and expensive) copies of ERP programs that are licensed to individual users or computers. In the cloud, ERP is accessible to all who need it, for one price. The cloud is SaaS, or software as a service. You purchase the software usage and pay a low monthly fee to continue using the software. Some benefits of Cloud based ERP systems:
- Less expense.
- More inclusive to all employees who need to access it.
- All updating and software compliance issues handled off-site.
- Scaled ERP cloud solutions for every type of business.
- More secure than on-site servers and interface platforms.
No More Bulky Server Structures and IT Expenses.
In a traditional (non-cloud) business setting, ERP software requires individual licenses for all who are using it. Not to mention the space-hogging server systems required to store all that data, and the IT people who command high salaries. The beauty of the cloud based ERP is that you can take reams of data, space and salaries; condense them into an area off-site, for a fraction of the cost of traditional ERP storage and servicing solutions.
Cloud ERP, Going Mobile!
Cloud ERP system allows salespeople and accountants to access the ERP data while on a mobile phone or laptop. They can be in another state or country and get the ERP data they need to make the important decisions for a company. Cloud ERP software also guarantees that the people who need to gain access to the ERP data will be able to.
Updating Software Costs and Labor?
Better in the ERP Cloud
Traditional ERP solutions required frequent updating. Whenever an ERP software company rolled out an update or patch, individual companies were liable for the downtime, labor for the IT people to come in and babysit updates. With cloud ERP system, those financial and logistical nightmares are eradicated. In the cloud, your updates are automated and performed while you sleep, or vacation, or over the weekend. In the cloud, your updates take a fraction of the time, and are handled by somebody else, automatically. This equates to much less expense in keeping your technological edge.
The Cloud ERP Software Can be Scaled to Fit Your Business Budget
You may be just starting out, or you may be well-established and thinking about opening a new branch office. Wherever you are in the evolution of your company, ERP cloud solutions can be tailored to your needs and budget.
Cloud Safety, Second to None
Cloud safety is completely superior to server/IT/multiple access point safety for many reasons:
- Your servers are stored in state of the art encrypted vaults with layers of additional security wrapped around them. Regular sweeps performed by both humans and machines verify that no hacker shenanigans have slipped through the safety net.
- All your data is backed up automatically, according to your needs. (Hourly, daily, weekly). If a catastrophic fail occurs, anywhere, your data is protected and preserved. You won
- Cloud providers create different “portals” for access to and from your company to theirs. By doing this they can analyze and limit traffic, the first step in providing a secure storage platform.
ERP Software and the Cloud, a Fantastic Match.
You owe it to yourself and your company to look into cloud ERP systems. The cloud is the wave of future business technology, for good reason.
- Reduced costs in labor and software expense.
- Reduced physical plant needs when you move your servers off-site.
- Increased employee engagement and productivity.
- Headache-free updates to keep your company in peak technological form.