Microsoft’s World Partner Conference 2016 just wrapped up last week and some of the most exciting news had to be the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 release announcement. The best part of all is the user can host the current version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the cloud.
According to the overview, NAV 2016 will include the ability to work natively with Power BI, Azure SQL and Dynamics CRM Online; improvements to usability; electronic invoicing; workflow and functionality improvements; and a test automation suite for partners. Dynamics NAV 2016 will include the ability to work natively with Power BI, Azure SQL and Dynamics CRM Online.
Some of the major enhancements are listed below:
- An enhanced Office 365 experience, which works natively with Power BI
- An enhanced “on” Azure experience, which works natively with Azure SQL
- Usability enhancements in Windows for desktops, tablets “and NOW phone”
- That NAV 2016 will work natively with CRM Online
- e-Everything; electronic invoicing, OCR, and the ability of third parties to add in their own data sources (e.g., exchange rate lookup)
- Workflow enhancements including process automation, which allows easy customization via events introduced into C/AL (business language)
- Finance functionalities including posting preview, deferrals and Positive Pay (for US)
- Engineering, including a test automation suite available to partners, and releases every year with updates every month.
Stay in tune with us for the latest release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016. Contact us to learn more about our association with Microsoft as a preferred vendor through its Gold Partner certification.