Hello and welcome to this video series on Dynamics 365 Business Central and CRM. In this series, we’ll be exploring the CRM capabilities of Dynamics 365 Business Central. The first video covered the basics, and in this video, we’ll delve into campaigns and special prices. The final video will explore stepping up in the CRM system. I’m John Hoyt, the solutions architect here at TMC. Let’s get started.
- Campaigns are a vital part of CRM in Business Central. They allow sales managers and company management to assess the effectiveness of their efforts in reaching out to customers, tracking sales activities, and evaluating overall success.
- Campaigns are date-defined, with both start and end dates. Multiple campaigns can run simultaneously.
- Salespersons can be associated with campaigns, streamlining the tracking process.
- Dimension values within Business Central can be utilized to categorize revenues, such as by territory, location, or warehouse.
- The value of campaigns lies in offering inducements to customers during the campaign period, often in the form of special pricing or discounts.
Special Prices and Discounts:
- Special prices can be created for specific items during a campaign. These prices may come in various forms: percentage discounts, fixed amount discounts, or free units based on quantities purchased.
- Special prices and discounts are additional incentives for customers and can boost sales.
- These pricing arrangements have defined start and end dates, making campaign management efficient and automated.
- Sales opportunities, quotes, sales orders, and invoices can all be associated with a campaign, providing clear visibility into the success of the campaign efforts.
- Business Central provides built-in reporting, including statistical analysis and detailed campaign insights.
- Campaign values can be used as filters for list views, allowing for quick identification of all associated transactions.
- To summarize, when creating a campaign, define its purpose, start and end dates, and associate default values if necessary.
- Special prices and discounts can be created for campaign-specific incentives.
- These incentives complement customer-specific pricing arrangements.
- Campaigns can be managed efficiently with built-in reports and list filters.
- The visibility provided by campaigns allows for effective assessment of sales efforts.
In the final video of this series, we will explore the full functionality of CRM as it integrates with Dynamics 365 Business Central, covering additional features and functions.
If you have questions or suggestions for future videos, please comment below. For immediate technical support, visit our website at www.abouttmc.com. Don’t forget to like this video and subscribe to our channel. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you for watching, and we’ll see you in the next video.