Who is Altec Inc?
Altec is the provider of DocLink, an enterprise document management & business process automation solution. Tightly integrated with all the Microsoft Dynamics ERPs, DocLink enables companies to digitize all their data, go paperless, and automate processes in AP and any department – resulting in time & costs savings.
What is DocLink?
DocLink connects people, processes and data to help organizations go paperless, enabling users to fully utilize and extend the functionalities of their Dynamics ERP. You’ll be able to streamline the flow of information to better manage your vital business processes…whether in AP, AR, HR, Legal or any department in your organization. Managing processes and transactions digitally will provide your organization with quantifiable ROI and competitive advantage.
And no matter what industry you’re in, DocLink can help you go paperless and automate tasks in any department, to streamline operations and improve visibility and control to your entire document lifecycle… and enable your staff to be more productive and efficient whether they are working in the office or remote.
Why Document Management?
The overall impact of processing, handling and storing paper documents in the workplace is astounding from a financial, environmental and resource perspective. Not only can the inefficiencies of paper-based bottlenecks be cumbersome on day-to-day operations, but the improper storage or loss of these documents can cripple or devastate a business.
DocLink allows companies to go paperless to work more effectively and efficiently. You’ll gain visibility to documents electronically to better serve your customers, get invoices paid in a timely manner and make auditing a breeze.
Do documents get lost?
Store them electronically so they can be instantly accessed from the desktop – but only by users with the appropriate security rights. Documents are stored electronically in the repository where they can be easily retrieved, routed for approval and automatically outputted in the preferred format.
Is printing, storing and shipping documents getting expensive?
Route them electronically – eliminate costs associated with storing, printing and sending paper documents and save time that is normally spent waiting for approvals or searching through file cabinets.
Have to search through files for related documents?
DocLink allows you to instantly see all documents associated with a particular order, vendor, customer, etc. and automatically send the ones your customer needs in the delivery method they requested. And with the Smart Form Toolkit, you can customize your own electronic “Smart Forms” to minimize data entry and streamline processes like Expense Reporting, HR Onboarding, Credit Card Processing, and New Vendor Requests – just to name a few.
Does it take too long to get approvals?
Set up automatic email notifications and the ability to approve documents remotely from a mobile device. When you take paper out of the equation, and you’re equipped with the right tools, the opportunities for improved efficiencies are endless! Whether it’s the AP process, sales order processing, HR On-boarding, expense reports – you name it, and we can show you how to do it more effectively.
Benefits of DocLink
The main beneﬁts of DocLink are cost savings, time savings and process improvements.
- Cost savings: reduce or eliminate ﬁle cabinet & storage costs, printing & form costs, and mailing & courier fees – allows you to do more without adding additional staff.
- Time savings: streamline processes resulting in decreased cycle times, simpliﬁed audits and instant document retrieval
- Process improvements: users can manage to the exception with sophisticated reporting and auditing capabilities, workﬂow automation and alerts/notiﬁcations
- Security: control document access permissions that can be defined at a very granular level – right down to a document’s individual property values
- ERP Integration: DocLink connects to the ERP so you can match purchase orders, receivers, vendor invoices for quick reconciliation, streamlining paper matching processes while still making those documents available from within the ERP as well. Also, streamline associated processes like the approval and coding of monthly credit card statements and expense reports.
Want to learn more?
Interested in learning more about how DocLink can transform your current document management processes? Contact us for more information.
What’s DocLink All About
Document Management Checklist