Microsoft Dynamics GP for Consumer Packaged Goods
Consumer packaged goods (CPG) distributors face big challenges selling to the fiercely competitive and rapidly evolving retail industry. Intense price stress at the retail level puts pressure on distributors and leads to smaller margins. Alternatives, such as mail order, catalog sales, and direct sales, bypass the traditional distribution channels altogether, forcing companies to add value to their services to retain customers.
Microsoft Dynamics can help you succeed in the CPG industry with financial, process, and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. Deploying these flexible solutions can give your company a significant competitive advantage by helping to: meet retailers’ demands more effectively, lower the cost of operations, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Improve efficiencies with automated transaction processing and payment adjustments.
- Enhance financial controls with complete audit control.
- Provide easy access to high-level and deeply granular information.
- Perform multidimensional analysis of financial, sales, and purchase transactions.
- Track and categorize specific transaction activities.
Supply chain management
- Help reduce costs.
- Manage efficiently with distributed requisitions management and approval.
- Make informed decisions.
- Provide ready access to information at all levels with Available to Promise (ATP) capability.
- Maintain control with quantity tracking at the bin level, cycle counting, stock count calendars, and inventory snapshots.
- Ensure that inventory is on hand where needed.
- Achieve more consistent, accurate workflow.
- Harness the pick/pack/ship process with user-defined procedures.
- Create custom rules for shelf life and minimum stock levels.
- Increase picking productivity.
- Save time and effort with consolidated (bulk) picking lists.
Sales order processing
- Control your sales with discount management, drop-ship, kit items, sales quantity status, and online sales tracking.
- Speed time to delivery with multiple ship-to addressing.
Purchase order processing
- Increase purchasing efficiency.
- Control processes with cost variance tracking, receiving/invoicing against multiple purchase orders, comprehensive receipt information, and posting.
- Get instant answers with complete tracking of open or historical purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Maintain audit control.
- Improve customer communication.
- Speed inquiries from service representatives and customers.
- Link inventory and individual customer item codes.
Business intelligence and reporting
- Extend insight throughout your organization using Analysis Cubes for Excel.
- Publish reports efficiently using flexible scheduling and delivery options.
- Empower decision-makers to quickly assess performance.
- Deliver online, personalized views of critical business metrics.
- Enable demand-driven operations.
- Improve forecasting of sales and materials requirements.
- Easily modify customer-specific pricing and rules.
- Personalize pricing to meet customer demand.
- Beat the competition with extended pricing.
- Maintain flexible pricing with easy-to-use tools.
Customization and integration
- Achieve greater return on investment.
- Lower training costs.
- Reduce implementation risk.
- Enhance with additional, integrated modules as you grow.
- Add Web portal, field-service management, advanced compliance, and RFID capabilities.
- Automatically integrate with familiar Microsoft products
With the help of TMC, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, we can:
Streamline business processes
- Automate critical business processes and help reduce internal costs.
- Create accurate demand-forecasting models that lower inventory and improve customer satisfaction.
- Speed order picking by up to two to six times with powerful, integrated Automatic Data Collection (ADC) solutions.
Quickly access accurate information
- Instantly view real-time and historic data across multiple locations to improve decision-making and understand where savings can be found.
- Implement metrics and tracking for individual warehouses and departments.
- Use intelligent knowledge management to identify opportunities for new products and services to be offered.
Exceed customer requirements
- Improve ability to respond to unique customer needs, such as specific packaging, marking, and shipping requirements.
- Increase the accuracy and speed of customer interactions with low-cost, easy-to-implement Web-based systems.
- Improve customer support by effectively tracking and monitoring customer needs and requests.